Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Slide Slam & Art Auctions


I want to apologize for being a slacker posting to my blog. We are having more internet fun with Verizon and are having trouble with our internet service. I am blogging in Word! Does the count?

The Slide Slam was a terrific success Friday evening. We had a super thought provoking Q & A at the the end of the program. I find it fascinating learning about what makes an artist tick and how they go about the creative process. My public speaking abilities have improved considerably in doing these presentations and I learn more about myself when I talk about my own art in a public form. Overall, a very interesting evening.
On another note I attended a fundraising art auction on Saturday evening and I am somewhat speechless at the deals that were to be had. Now I see why they say if you want deals on art then attend these types of auctions. Some super, super art from well known artists went for so little that I think the frames were more expensive then the closing bids. I was very troubled by this. What is the solution for it?

I've been painting away on some dog commissions fr the holidays. I will be posting the results as they become available.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2