Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Dress Blues Revisited and FREE Golden Open Paint!

This painting has been haunting me. It has had no less then 5 inquiries from collectors wanting to purchase it yet here it sits in my studio. I keep looking at the painting and the horse's expression and eye have really been bothering me. So last night I sat down with my little Arches #1 Sable and got to work on the eye. Ten minutes later...voila! I now have a painting that I love.


Older version-   I am known for the expression that I can create in the eye and this just was not cutting it for me. Eye too dull and flat..




New and improved version of Dress Blues- 11 x 14 Watercolor on Arches 140# Hot Press paper. This is much improved. Don't you think?
Now and I would be delighted to send this off to new home! To purchase click





Who wants some free Golden Open paints?  :)

I have tried these Open Golden paints and  just don't like them They stay open too long for my liking . I will stick with my M Grahams which stay open just long enough for my style of painting. But I do know that many of you fellow artist's do like them. So on that note I will be happy to give away one 4 oz jar of Golden Open Ultramarine Blue (retails for $10)  and one 4 oz jar of Golden Open Burnt Umber (retails for $9) to the first  artist who says they want them!  You can comment below or send me and email. Just pay for the shipping! Specify how you want them shipped and I will find out the cost.They are almost completely full. Consider this my Christmas gift to one of my lucky artist readers! :)

Have a happy day!

Deborah

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2