Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Border Collie Painting WIP



I have been doing so much acrylic work lately that I've been itching to get back to my watercolors. WC's are my most favorite medium and I particularly enjoying painting dogs with them. This posted image is my latest effort. I found this really cute BC pup in the Wet Canvas reference library. I am using a very limited palette for this painting..6 colors. Aliz. Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Cobalt, Payne's Grey, Indigo and Gamboge. This is the early stages of many glazes. I work wet on wet at this point just buillding up layers, mixing color on the paper and pushing the paint around. I just get in the zone, listening to Jack Johnson and playing with my watercolors! No title as of yet so I would love some suggestions. I am really bad at coming up with titles!:-)
This painting measures 14 x 11 on Arches Hot Press, M Grahams.

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

He has a great expression.
I also like the black and white dog found on the right column of your blog.

Best regards,

José

Unknown said...

Jose,
Much appreciated!

Deborah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2