Monday, February 23, 2009

Playing with my paints!


I homeschool my son with a Waldorf style curriculum and we do a lot of watercolor painting. So yesterday I joined him in one of his wet-on-wet projects and just played with my watercolors. This was unbelievably freeing (and fun)! I didn't know where it was going but out of the mingling colors I found interesting shapes and themes that are very familiar to me. This quite large..18 x 24...I usually work 11 x 16 or smaller. If you have been stuck or used to working in a certain way I highly recommend trying something like this and just letting loose. It was quite intimidating at first! I had no plan.... just a jar of water, a big sheet of white paper and a big brush..... untitled, M Graham watercolors on Arches CP paper. It is a bit washed out from the flash. I apologize for that. The colors are much more vibrant and brilliant IRL.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2