Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's Football Season!!



It's that time of year again! NFL Football season! Have a mentioned that I am a HUGE football fan? And have I mentioned that I am even bigger San Francisco Forty Niners Fan?  There is probably nothing I enjoy painting more that the color and action of NFL football. 

I had started this painting of the Forty Niners a while back and got caught up working on commissions so I never got around to completing it.. I took the reference photo for this painting last year at MetLife Stadium in E. Ruthersford NJ when they beat the NY Jets. I love the interaction of the players. Don't you just want to know what these guys are talking about? Who else is a football fan? Favorite team? 

I'm tightening it up, pushing those darks and it should finish up pretty quickly now. It's an odd size...6.5 x 19 but I have a really nice gold frame for it. Watercolor on Arches 300lb, Hot Press.


To see the progression of this painting  can read the previous post on this work in progress by clicking here - Forty Niners WIP


It is an interesting size painting at 6 1/2 x 18 but I really like the size. It is a bit further along than this but I'll save that for the next post. Watercolor on Arches, 300lb Rough Press. 
Be sure to check out my other football painting in my gallery here.. Football Gallery



2 comments:

Fashion Schlub said...

I'm *not* a sports fan, but *really* enjoy your football paintings. I'm actually going to a Mets game tonight, ha! I love *going* to sporting events cuz there's great people watching, it's an evening out in the open air, with friends, and crazy junk food. I just learned that Citifield (Mets) Stadium actually has quite a nice selection of vegetarian and vegan foods! Lets Go Mets!

Unknown said...

And beer! They have gluten free beer!! Have an awesome time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2