Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Favorite Brush

I had mentioned a few weeks ago on my Face Book page that I had bought a new brush and I received a flurry of emails in reference to what exactly it is, could I post a photo, where did I get it and why do I like it. So I thought a perfect subject for today would be about my favorite brush. I am primarily a watercolorist and I adore my brushes. I have only a few that I use regularly. As you may know any good quality natural hair brush is very expensive but well worth the investment. My most used brushes are my Rekab Kazan 320S Pointed Squirrel Mops. I use the #4 and the # 8 most often and an Escoda Tajmyr Sable in a #8. For today I am going to talk about the Rekab Mops.
Rekab Kazan Squirrel 320S Pointed Mop

The Rekab brushes are superbly made and are surprisingly affordable considering the quality. These brushes have a quill ferrule wrapped four times with brass wire and short black handles. You can paint all day without having to recharge the brush.They come to a very sharp point and you can paint the tiniest of details with them or do large juicy washes. Unlike other squirrel mops that I have tried they are not a floppy brush. I have an Isebey Squirrel Quill that I like but for my purposes this brush outperforms the Isabey every time. I did bring these to an Alvaro Castagnet workshop I attended and he said these were very, very nice brushes.
The only place I know to purchase these is through Armadillo Arts . You need to send them a request for prices on these brushes. To give you an idea I paid $24 + shipping for the #4.

Happy painting!
Deborah

5 comments:

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

I rarely work in watercolor, but thanks for sharing your favorite tools!

Unknown said...

You're very welcome!

Royn-Ber Wendjaifa said...

Excellence at anything, like talent, is where you find it...

glyza said...

i wonder how much is that brush cost..hmmmmn deer antler velvet

shijiefeng said...

http://www.christianlouboutinfranceachat.com/christian-louboutin-platesformes-nude-en-cuir-verni-classique-shoesp-1598.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2