Monday, May 04, 2009

Maplebrook Art Show


Saturday evenings art opening was a great success. Great people, fabulous artwork, wonderful food, big Derby hats and a thrilling race! When we arrived there was a brass band outside dressed up in red and white stripes. The first person I saw was equine photographer extraordinaire Juliet Harrison. She made a rosette out of film for her hat. Very clever! Be sure to check out her website to see her wonderful work. Juliet Harrison Photography


That's me on the left with my crazy Derby hat with Juliet on the right.



My derby hat. I found this hat in a consignment shop and then just stuffed it with fake flowers and rooster, turkey and Guinea Hen feathers. My roosters are not very happy! ;-)


Juliet with one her entries.




Two of my pieces on display.The painting Eyelashes depicts an inquisitive little foal.
Below that is Power & Lightness which I have previously done a WIP here on the blog.


Tilly Strauss is a wonderful local artist who participated in the show. I adore her work as I find it both whimsical and haunting. It can catch me off guard and make me think. There is something in her work that I can really relate to. Be sure to check out her website and blog.
Tilly Strauss Website
Tilly's Blog Showing Up For the Muse

The art show runs until June 7 and all artwork is available for sale. See link for details.
Maplebrook Art Show


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so impressed by the quality of work at this show. If you can, you should really get over to see it. The pictures of us look great. But the spelling of my name is wrong...."Juliet". Thanks for the inclusion in your blog!See you soon, I hope.

Showing Up for the Muse said...

Deborah- Thanks for your kind comments- i was so happy to be introduced to Juliet. Thanks!- Tilly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2