Monday, March 23, 2009

Herding Dog Art - A Work In Progress



The dog paintings are flowing off the paintbrush these days. This painting is a combination of images brought together. I am using my own ref photos of Ireland, my Border Collie herding and separate sheep photos. I brought them together to create this little painting. Keep in mind that this is very much a work in progress. Now that the mainn ideas are blocked in I will start to work on deepening the values to create depth and interest. I am fascinated with working Border Collies...and I am hoping to catch that fascination and excitement in this painting. This is a 10 x 8 acrylic on gessoed board. Image is clickable for an enlarged view!

Don't forget the March Studio Sale at my Etsy shop. Some really nice original pieces available at very affordable prices! Epona Etsy Shop

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2