Thursday, August 27, 2009

Watercolor CityScape WIP 1


I painted this little acrylic of a street in Cork, Ireland the other night. This is a real departure frm my usual work of horses and dogs. I really enjoyed painting this. I painted this from a great reference photo that my husband took when he went home. This is acrylic and only measure 5 x 7 and is painted on cradled birch panel so it does not require framing.
Now I am attempting to do the same scene in watercolor. I am doing it quite a bit larger (11 x 14). I will post the WIP (Work In Progress) for this one. I am painting this on Arches 140 lb rough press. The first image is mt palette. I will probably on use 4 or 5 of the colors here. The second image is of my image of my initial sketch. You get one shot with watercolors so wish me luck! I will post updates as they become available.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2