Thursday, July 03, 2008

Showjumping WIP (Work In Progress)





I have been working on this painting for the HITS Art Gala and Exhibitor Mixer in Saugerties,NY. The opening reception is on July 24 and I am thriled tohave been invited to participate.
The painting measures 24 x 20 and is acrylic on canvas. I am trying to keep this loose and colorful. I have about an hour and half into this and I am hoping to have it completed by the end of the weekend. I am really starting to enjoy working large like! I have been working hard at stretching myself as an artist and move away from my previous style of hyper-realism. This style suits me much better. Feel free to comment! Click on images for a larger view..

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The paintings look good. Have a great time at the HITS show, we used to go every year but haven't been lately, since we just don't have the time.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! It is a fun show to go to. The new venue in Saugerties is really beautiful. Much nocer than Ellenville.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2