Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Playing With a Watercolor Horse

     I have several different projects going on right now. One of which  is this watercolor horse. It's been a while since I just played with color in a horse painting and I 'm really enjoying this! I laid down an initial loose, pencil sketch and then wet the paper and started dropping in pigment. I'm always mindful of the musculature of the horse and the light source as I add darks and do a bit of lifting.

This is the scary mask phase.




Building up layers...





   More progress today. Starting to really define shapes without getting too fussy. I want to keep this loose and fresh.  I've also started developing the expression which is critical for a successful animal painting.  







Holiday Commissions and Gift Giving

     Original artwork makes a cherished holiday gift!  I have everything from Equine art, Canine art, Landscapes and NFL Football! Grab a mug of cocoa, click on this link and  browse my website for some great gift ideas and stocking stuffers!

 I have one spot left for a commission and I offer gift certificates so that the gift recipient can be involved in the process of their portrait! Contact me to book a portrait or if you have any questions! Deborah@DeborahBollman.com




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Deborah Bollman Fan Box

My Blogger Panel 2